Thursday, March 17, 2016

Week in Photos: Brief Power Outage, Flag Football, and Fun New Words

I have not done a good job capturing all of the amazing BIG words Ben has been using lately.  It's always so funny what comes out of his mouth these days.  Sometimes, Greg and I still cannot follow his train of thought.  Ben's response sometimes to a request we make will be "why not?" which always leaves us confused.  Or he will come and tell us some elaborate story about things that make no sense at all, but seem to be painting such a clear picture inside his mind. 

And then other times, he will throw out words that we didn't know he knew, and use them perfectly.

One night Ben had asked for his "chocolate milk" (just warm milk that he still has every morning and night).  He asked for it earlier than normal, so Greg and I kept trying to delay it as late as we could since we think it helps him sleep better.  Finally, after multiple requests, Ben quietly said,

"It's just impossible to get my chocolate milk".  

We laughed so hard (and eventually got him what he wanted).  I had no idea he knew that word and it definitely inspired me to use new/different words for things since he seems to be paying attention :)

We lost power last Sunday afternoon during a BIG windstorm.  I was certain that it was going to be out for awhile based on the weather forecast calling for heavy wind all evening long.  We decided to go spend as much time as possible at the YMCA and had such a fun time doing so!  Ben went to the kid's club for almost 2 hours while Greg and I worked out (Our Hawaii countdown has us motivated).  Then Greg took Ben swimming for awhile and he loved that :)

And BONUS - we went home to restored power!  An unexpected and lovely surprise.


We are 3 weeks into a 6 week flag football program.  Snapped this as practice was ending.


And here is a video my mom took from his first practice - I'm assuming it was during warm ups.  Look who is so fast!


Texting my mom pictures since she just got an iPhone and it's fun.


Modeling my shades.


Raleigh and Rachel came over to play and Raleigh was so damn cute on this digger I could barely stand it.  (And wearing a pair of Ben's hand-me-down pajamas made it that much cuter to me).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment