Saturday, May 14, 2016

Hawaii Day 3 - Exploring the Resort

After spending a good chunk of time driving to/from Aulani and the store the day before, we thought WHY would we ever want to leave this beautiful place we are staying at???  So we stayed put on our third day of vacation.  It helped that the weather was MUCH improved this day, (and luckily for the remainder of the trip), so we took full advantage of the pool and beach on the property.

We had purchased a golf package (3 days of unlimited golf) for Greg, so early Monday morning he hit the Palmer course while Ben and I had breakfast.  Truly one of my favorite parts of vacation is staying somewhere with an omelet station.  Egg white omelets with everything in it every day for me.


Walking back to the cottage.



We also purchased a bucket and shovel at the gift shop so Ben could do some digging over by the beach:

 
There was a giant seal on the beach taking a nap:

 
After Greg's first round of golf, he grabbed breakfast and headed out for another round - this time taking Ben with him!  (As it turns out, Ben is pretty good at golf and LOVED the opportunity to go out with daddy)!

And I enjoyed some time to myself as well!  

I basically alternated between this spot at the pool:



And this spot (also by the pool, but overlooking the ocean).  And after my first bacon basil bloody mary the day before, this became my "Yay, it's noon!" cocktail each day. :)

 
When Greg and Ben were finished with golf, they met me at the beach for lunch.  The most delicious beach tacos, kale Caesar and fish and chips.

We spent the rest of the day at the pool swimming and drinking expensive cocktails poolside.

No comments:

Post a Comment