Monday, October 22, 2012

31

I typically am not very into making a big deal out of my birthday each year.  For the past several years (the last two excepted), I chose to plan a vacation that overlapped my big day (or was close enough to it that I considered it our "celebration"):

 
Birthday 2007 (26) - Came back from our wedding/honeymoon 1 day before my birthday!
 
 
Birthday 2008 (27) - Cruise to Mexico -
Spent 1 day in San Diego and 1 day at Disneyland!
 
 
Birthday 2009 (28) - Trip to Cabo!
 

 
My 29th birthday was spent in WA doing various things with friends (shopping, a trip to the Seattle Art Museum, and dinner out with Greg).  My 30th was spent with my boys - brunch, a bath for Ben, and a quiet night in.
 
This year, I had the opportunity to celebrate my birthday several times!  Last Monday, my mom came over to visit me and brought me my birthday gift (gift cards, YES!). 
 
On Tuesday, my "actual" birthday, Ben gave me his gift - sleeping in LATE on a work from home day.
 
 
 
My mother-in-law Marcia (here to visit - and deserving of a special post all it's own) made me french toast for breakfast!  She also gave me a beautiful ring!  My friend Steph and her little boy Mason came over to visit that afternoon, and I got Mason to giggle for the first time ever - an amazing gift!
 
 
 
When Greg got home, the four of us went out for some margaritas and Mexican food!  A great day!
 
On Thursday, I met my best friend Lisa for dinner and some much-needed catch up at Serafina.
 
Today, my entire office took me out to lunch! 
 
 
Horribly blurry picture taken by our waiter
 
But this past weekend was the planned celebration.  An activity I had been longing to do since my pregnancy:  A day of wine tasting (and a day for stocking up on wine) with Greg in Woodinville!
 
We started off with lunch (flat bread pizza) at Novelty Hill Januik and our first wine tasting of the day. 
 
 
 
We then moved on to Woodhouse Wine Estates:
 
 
And from there, we visited Matthews Estate, Darby Winery, DeLille Cellars, Airfield Estates, Canon de Sol, um....would you understand if I can't quite remember if we visited anywhere else?
 
We had a GREAT time! The plan was to buy a bottle from each winery that waived the tasting fee with a purchase, which worked out wonderfully! We now have a nice supply of mostly red wine waiting for us to enjoy throughout the winter!
 
 
We finished with dinner at Purple Cafe and were home early....where I proceeded to nap on the couch before going to bed! 
 
The best (or worst?) part about day drinking is that one tends to suffer at night without ruining the entire next day :) All I know is that it's been a while since I have had a glass or two too many, and it was a fun way to let loose before returning to the responsibilities of mommy-hood.
 
So, who wants to come over for a glass? 

2 comments:

  1. I'll come over for a glass! So glad you had so many fun opportunities to celebrate! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete