Thursday, October 11, 2012

5 Years!!

 


Greg and I "celebrated" 5 years of marriage last night!  By "celebrated", I mean that the entire family is under the weather and we enjoyed leftovers made by my mother in law.  (The dinner part was good)!  I also made a salad that I read about in my Better Homes and Garden magazine, which turned out delicious (and photo worthy).

 
Caramelized Butternut Squash Salad with Roasted Pistachios and Goat Cheese
 
But, wow - 5 years?  5 years!  It at once feels impossible that it has been that long AND seems like it has been so much longer when I think about all that has happened in that time.   5 years ago on the beach with not a care in the world, I definitely was not imagining celebrating our 5 year by getting barfed on by my kid.  (Poor Benny)!
 
Assuming we are feeling up to it, Greg and I have plans to go out to dinner tonight for the "real" celebration.  Wish us luck!
 
I cannot wait to see what the next 5 years bring (although I think we have had enough excitement in the past couple years to last us awhile) :)

2 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! But sorry you guys are not well. Poor Ben, it's so hard when they are sick :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, hope you all feel better soon! Happy Anniversary! I feel the same way about our marriage - like we've been together forever, but how has it already been more than 4 years? Time flies when you're so loved :)

    ReplyDelete