Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Visit from Grandma Ingle

 
 

 
 

Grandma Ingle is here to visit us this month!  She arrived back on October 6th and will stay until November 3rd, and we again are feeling so incredibly spoiled by all of her love and hard work!

It really has been the most perfect timing to have her here so soon after moving into the new house.  While I had felt pretty good about getting most of our stuff unpacked, I had a LOT of organizing left to do, a lot of things left to sort through, and a lot of projects to do and items to buy that I did not even anticipate needing to attend to so soon.

It has been such a gift having Marcia stay with us.  We have (again) not had to think about cooking meals, shopping for groceries, tending to the yard, or cleaning the house.  I don't have to juggle Ben in the mornings while getting ready for work, and at the end of the day when Greg and I want to sit on the couch for 5 minutes without one of us getting up to make sure Ben isn't getting into anything, Marcia is happy to let us relax while she plays with him!

 
Helping grandma with laundry

My house is rarely this clean, my kitchen is not often this well stocked, and you would not believe how much butter we have consumed in all of the delicious meals and baked goods she has made. 

I'm a little embarrassed at how easily I have become accustomed to her essentially waiting on us hand and foot.  Last night, this happened:

Me (lazy on the couch, wearing the new slippers and wrapped in the new blanket she bought me): Hey Marcia....do we still have any ice-cream?

Marcia (cleaning up the kitchen after making us home made lasagna): We sure do, sweetie - can I make you a root beer float?

Me: Yes, please!

I mean, really. 

I keep reminding Greg that reality is going to hit us hard in a couple weeks when we are back to having to fend for ourselves, but we sure are all enjoying her company immensely!

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to send this post to my mom so she knows what I'll be expecting when she's here taking care of me after the c-section ;) Such a great MIL! Lucky!

    ReplyDelete