Thursday, October 4, 2012

One Year Check Up

 
Last night we had Ben's 1 year check up.  I had been both dreading and looking forward to it.  I had made a late afternoon appointment in the hopes that Greg could join me for this one - I was NOT excited about him having shots as it seems like he is so much more aware these days than he was at his previous appointments and I didn't want to go through that on my own.  Greg had an abnormally late night at work, so he was unable to get there in time...but the good news was that when I arrived, they checked the records from his 6 month check up to find that we were off by 2 days for when he was due for shots.  I guess certain ones need to have at least 6 months between the doses, so we will have to go back next week (with Greg!?) to do them.  Kind of inconvenient, but I honestly was happy about it.
 
I was looking forward to the appointment as Ben has been not seeming himself for the past couple days.  I have been constantly worried that his digestive issues as of late have been bothering him, and the night before he had been up twice in the middle of the night.  He also has been SO CLINGY lately (not complaining).  He actually will cry for ME..."meh mehhhhhhhh" from his crib, and has been happy to snuggle with me, nap on me, cling to my leg, etc.  It's nice....but I worry that it is because he doesn't feel well.
 
Anyway, the appointment went great!  Our doctor made me feel so much better about the amount of milk he is drinking.  She said that we should aim for 24 oz a day, but to keep in mind that 1 oz of cheese (1 stick of string cheese) = 8 oz of milk.  PHEW.  She also recommended a daily diet of prunes and pears, which we will definitely be doing.
 
Weight: 21 lbs 11 oz - (25th percentile)
Height: 31 inches - (75th percentile)
Head Circumference: 19 inches (90th percentile)
 
Our little man is long, lean with an enormous brain.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment