Thursday, February 21, 2013

A few JUICE recipes

 
I cannot explain how satisfying it is when I can get Ben to consume vegetables.  I made this enormous glass of juice just now and my 24 ounce tumbler was filled to the brim.  In one gulping session, Ben took this much down. 
 
Here are a few of my most successful juice recipes:
 
1 handful spinach
2 handfuls of kale
3 carrots
2 small apples
1/2 pineapple
1 nub (1.5 inches) of ginger
 
2 cups grapes
2 pears
2 apples
2 handfuls of spinach
 
1/2 pineapple
4 carrots
1 nub (1 inch) of ginger
 
I've noticed that if you toss enough pineapple or apple into any juice combo, it is likely to taste good.  I've also noticed that if you toss too much celery into any juice combo, it will taste bad (in my opinion).  And you can easily cram as much spinach or kale as you want into any combo without it changing the flavor of the juice much at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment