Friday, February 15, 2013

Meal Planning: Week of February 18th

Review of last week:

  • The Honey Sesame Chicken in the crock pot was REALLY good. The leftovers made for a good lunch the next day.

  • The steak and roasted sweet potatoes were delicious.  I haven't had a steak in a long time.  Yum.

  • I had never had the spinach and cheese ravioli's from Costco before, but they are amazing and I hope to always have them stocked in the freezer.
  • Can you tell we love arugula?
The menu for this week will be fairly simple due to our Costco run last week!  Also, The Ingle's have been enjoying lots of JUICE lately (usually for breakfast or lunch, or for Ben to have along WITH his breakfast or lunch).  I have been making juice for Greg at night for him to drink for breakfast in the mornings (his current favorite is grape, apple, ginger, and SPINACH) and then making another batch for myself to share with Ben each day (we like pineapple, carrot, ginger juice - and sometimes I will throw a couple handfuls of spinach or kale and an apple into that).  It has definitely increased our fresh produce budget, but I no longer am buying the fruit/veggie puree pouches for Ben (that would run about $1.99/each) so we are saving in some areas, too.

Monday: Crock pot Jambalaya.  Brenna blogged about this recently and I immediately harassed her for the recipe :)

Tuesday: Spinach and Cheese Ravioli's (Costco), roasted carrots and salad.

Wednesday: Boboli Pizza and salad

Thursday:  Chicken Florentine Soup (I froze some of the last batch I made, so this will be easy)!

Friday: Cod tacos

2 comments:

  1. Lol....yes, you eat a lot of arugula, brussel sprouts and cod. :) but it's fun seeing what you like to eat and I still love these posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um, first of all *brussels. Second of all, I meant to say that we also love Costco's spinach and cheese ravioli! There is a ravioli in the refrigerated section that we tried once and thought was good, but the frozen spinach kind is WAY better!

      Delete