Monday, February 4, 2013

Best Day Ever?

I wish every day could be Saturday.  Especially one with zero commitments, where we can just get up and go do whatever sounds good in that moment!

We started our day with brunch at Portage Bay Cafe in Ballard.  I have always wanted to eat here, but never have taken the time to plan ahead and make a reservation.  We have tried to get in a few times, but at the last minute (and during a popular time) it can be a bit of a wait.  But on Friday, I called and made a 9:15 reservation - leaving us just enough time to eat, (color) drink coffee and get to the music class we had signed Ben up for at 10:15 down the road.  (I had the Oatmeal Cobbler French Toast, and it was heavenly).



 
The music class I signed Ben up for was at Gymboree.  Not all of the locations have the music option, so we did have to drive a ways to attend.  The first 20 minutes were great, and Ben really seemed to enjoy himself!  But after that, I think he was either over-stimulated or just over everyone sitting in a circle.  We let him wander around the room a bit, but towards the end he was crying and only allowing Greg to hold him.  (My attempts to bring him back into the circle to sing and dance were unsuccessful).  Another mom there told me that her daughter was the exact same way her first class, and while I am sure he would get used to it, it's not worth the commute I don't think.  We will try more things like this near home, though!  
 



 
When we got home, my new couch had arrived!!  (My mom was there to receive it as our delivery window was overlapping with music class).  Our living room is starting to look like a living room!
 
 
After Ben's nap, and after I went grocery shopping, the three of us headed to Bellevue for a trip to Total Wine and More!  It's basically a wine-Costco, and it's really amazing.
 
After visiting mommy's playground, we thought we should reward Ben with a trip to his kind of playground!  How beautiful is this park in Bellevue?





 
We went home to make pizza, drink wine, take baths, and relax.  I wish I could relive that day a few more times.
 
Happy Monday (womp womp)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment