Monday, February 4, 2013

On the JUICE!


 
So, I bought a juicer.  And I LOVE IT.  And while this may turn into one of those things that I use a lot at first (as in every day, sometimes twice), I realize that it may not get as much use in the months/years to come.  Time will tell....
 
But for now, it's pretty amazing.  I bought it as part of my evil plan to sneak more nutrition into Ben's (and Greg's) day.  I watched the documentary Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead (please watch it) a couple years ago after my friend Kristin told me about it and I learned a lot about nutrition and the benefits of juicing!  While I definitely do not plan to do a juice fast, I am hoping to incorporate healthy fruit and vegetable juice into our lives and leave the ultra-processed non-juice at the grocery store.
 
Shockingly, both of the boys are on board!  I will admit, I didn't love the beet juice I made (and neither did Ben).  But I made a green juice over the weekend - spinach, kale, apple, carrot, pineapple, celery - that was a hit with the whole family!  Once I have gathered a handful of recipes I love, I will post them :)



No comments:

Post a Comment