Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Favorite Things (Round 2)

It's time for another round of favorite things! 

Jawbone JAMBOX Wireless Bluetooth Speaker - This thing has proved priceless to us.  If you don't want to invest money in a sound system, this is the next best thing in my opinion.  You can bring it with you anywhere, connect wirelessly via the bluetooth on your phone, and instantly you have a speaker to play your music (or whatever).  It comes with a plug, so you can also amplify things that don't have bluetooth capability, like our iPad, so it really can work with anything. 

 
We have the little one.  I can only imagine how much sound the big one puts out!

Shellac Manicures:  As a mom, and OCD clean freak, and someone who spends 40 hours a week typing on the computer, a manicure that can last upwards of 3 weeks seems impossible.  I LOVE shellac manicures for this reason, and I'm stoked to have plans to get one this weekend with some friends!


Target Threshold Organic Blankets:  I could write a novel about my love for Target, but I wanted to focus on one specific item today: their Threshold Organic Cotton Blankets.  A few months ago, I had purchased the grey one to use as a light weight throw blanket.  I remember standing in the aisle debating for at least 10 minutes about which color to get as I loved them all!  When Greg's family was coming to town, I used it as an opportunity to go back and pick up a few more as we needed additional blankets for all of the extra people we had sleeping over!  I also think they are perfect to throw down as a picnic blanket or for when it's way too hot to sleep with the comforter (like right now) but you still want something light weight to cozy up with.  (Full disclaimer - While I still stand by this purchase, it goes to show why a new and improved budget plan was in order) ;)
Mr. Clean Erasers:  These became a must for us when we moved into our new house.  We have all white doors and baseboards now, plus a toddler that likes to ram his cars (and anything else he can push) into all of them.  These erasers are my everything.


Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer and Under Eye Concealer:  These items have been the only thing that have come remotely close to helping lighten up my dark circles.  They aren't the cheapest, but they seem to last a long time - particularly the concealer, which I have only bought once.

 

House Hunters: I'm sure everyone has already seen this show, but I feel like I only discovered it last summer (and I've been hooked ever since).  What better way to feel so much BETTER or so much WORSE about your own living situation than to judge the homes others are buying?  I'm kidding, but I find it fascinating that what your money can buy in some markets doesn't even come close to what it does in others. 

Fage Yogurt Total 0%: It took me awhile to love this stuff, but with the right amount of stevia and cut up strawberries, it has become my new favorite breakfast or snack.  It is packed with protein and keeps me full all morning long.  Ben jacked my spoon the other morning while I was eating it, and kept shoveling it in his mouth - so apparently he is a fan, too!  This yogurt does a great job of doubling as sour cream, too, so if you are looking for a healthy alternative when eating Mexican food, that is what I try to use.

 
 
For Ben:

Boogie Wipes: After always having a struggle with Ben when trying to wipe his face/nose, I turned to these which seem to do the job with a little less hassle.



Broken Tricycle ClothingI purchased a few items from this brand on Zulily for Ben, and they have become some of my favorite clothes to dress him in.  I love them because they are so soft and SO random!  Teepees, Windmills, Foxes, etc.  A lot of times I will change Ben's clothes before his nap if I have him dressed in jeans or a collared shirt (simply because it's not something I would like to nap in), but I never have to if he has on his B.T. gear.

 
"Awwww, shit! Mom is letting me stand on a chair.  Holla!"


 
Fox Pants
 
Babiators:  I have nothing but great things to say about Ben's Babiators.  Sure, they may be a little costly up front, ($20) but they have a guarantee that if you lose or break them, (which DUH, your kid will) they will replace them for free!  Okay, technically you do pay for shipping, but still.  Good deal in my opinion.
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Love these posts! I'll have to come up with some stuff to do one of my own :) I actually just bought the big Jawbone Jambox and LOVE it! It's great for outside and taking along to BBQs. I also have a blanket fetish, so I'll be sure to check out those blankets next time I'm at Target, thanks!

    ReplyDelete