Monday, July 8, 2013

Weekly Meal Planning - Week of July 8th

Review from last week:

Everything turned out really great!  It is so nice to be able to grill as often as we have been.  I think my favorite from last week was the halibut we made - so we had it twice!


Greg is a trooper, and has officially started his "no starches" diet plan.  We don't really know what to even call it, because it's not exactly Paleo and it's not exactly "carb-free".  It essentially is "drink as much beer as you want but stop eating mac and cheese and sandwiches for awhile".  I'm trying to be a supportive wife by finding delicious recipes to make that are along these lines, so if anyone has any recipes that are amazing, please send them my way!

Monday: I am late on my meal planning, so tonight we will probably dig through the fridge/freezer and see what we have.  I know I have a can of tuna and a jar of pickles....and maybe a bag of meatballs and some pesto.

Tuesday: Chicken Sausage and Quinoa Stuffed Squash

Wednesday: Salmon (with the last of our Tom Douglas rub trifecta).  Both the steak and chicken rubs have been stellar.  We will have this with a caprese salad.

Thursday: Pizza Chicken and grilled asparagus.

Friday: Triple Protein Burgers

Saturday:  Could we possibly go a week without making our favorite Pineapple Pork Kabobs?  The answer is apparently NO.  We are having a potluck BBQ Saturday evening with Steph and Kim (+ their spouses and kids) that we have had on the calendar for months, so we are hoping they all love this dish as much as we do :)

Sunday: BBQ at Layne's!  I'm making the chop salad that has made the rounds amongst my friends, but I'm adding chicken and making an enormous batch so that Greg and Ben can have some for dinner, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment