Friday, October 4, 2013

Meal Planning: Week of October 7th

Review from last week:

We only tried two new recipes last week.  One was the balsamic/brown sugar pork loin - and it was VERY good.  I think Greg opted to eat that dish three nights in a row!  It was easy to make and cooked in the crock pot all day.  My favorite kind of recipe.


The other recipe was a salad I found on this girl's instagram.  (She is quickly becoming my favorite blogger, btw).  Anyway, it was cherry tomatoes, avocado, red onion, spinach, salt and pepper tossed with creamy balsamic dressing.  I think next time I'll try it with just EVOO and balsamic vinegar as I found the dressing made it a little too heavy.  We served it up with some meatballs (Costco, frozen) marniated in basil pesto and alfredo.

The rest of the recipes were tried and true. 

Here is the plan for next week:

Saturday:  I purchased a pizza party deal on Living Social a couple months ago, so on Saturday we will be having a chef from Zaw Pizza coming over to make pizza, salad, cookies and do a wine tasting for us :)  The Christensens are coming over to join us!

Sunday:  Dinner at Denali, Kyle and Oliver's house!

Monday: Carnitas (Costco) with coleslaw, black beans and feta.  This is another recipe we make a lot.  We simply saute the carnita meat in enchilada sauce, and then serve it in a bowl with coleslaw (tossed with EVOO, lime juice, salt and pepper) and feta cheese.  I will often heat up some black beans and sprinkle them with some cumin and add that to my bowl.  Greg will usually always add cheddar cheese.

Tuesday: Pizza chicken again - because it's easy, and because I still have ricotta cheese from last week to use.

Wednesday: Leftovers.  The carnita recipe makes a lot.

Thursday:  Thursday is our 6th anniversary!  We are going to go out for dinner on Saturday, but for the actual day, I plan to make this pot roast and these mashed potatoes.  Anyone want to come eat with us? Nomz.

Friday: Leftovers, I think :)

No comments:

Post a Comment