Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The things that excite me these days

I sometimes think about how small of a window it was between when I became a "grown up" (which for me I think happened somewhere around 22 years old) and becoming a mom.  The period of time where it was truly ALL about me, where as an adult I could make my own decisions and do what sounded fun based solely on my preferences, was quite brief. 
 
Now, most of my time is spent trying to create experiences and happy memories for Ben.  We focus a lot on what HE finds fun and interesting.  It's funny some of the things that change when you become a parent. 
 
These days, I find myself getting excited when I see a bus or a garbage truck.  I will notice it even when Ben isn't in the car, and feel a little disappointed if he missed out on a cool vehicle viewing experience.  I even stopped on our street and took a VIDEO of the garbage truck going by, just so I could show him when I got home.
 
 
Another thing that has become exciting again are holidays!  As much as I loved holidays before, that love is on another level now that Ben is starting to understand what they are all about.  Greg even commented yesterday after I put up some decor that he thought I hated Halloween.  He told me that he always LOVED it, but since I never was into dressing up or decorating, he stopped caring about it.  #Sad
 


I'm also much more aware when a Disney movie is being released on DVD, as I want to make sure Ben can watch all of my favorites from when I was little.  (Little Mermaid came out yesterday, you guys).

I also could not resist snagging the Charlie Brown Holiday Collection. 
 
 
And in addition to the holiday season approaching, I couldn't be more thrilled for the return of cozy jammie weather. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment