Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Baby Raleigh is here!!


I cannot quite put into words what it feels like to watch my best friend become a mom.  
Rachel has always been a baby person and has been the favorite of all the kids around.  Since Ben was born, she has been like a second mom to him.  On her due date, she came over to go on a long "get this baby outta here" walk with me -  but before we left, she went into Ben's room when he woke up from his nap and just changed his diaper.  And he found it to be perfectly normal - nothing strange about it :)

Learning that Rachel and Peter were expecting a baby was one thing - I was over the moon excited about it.  But witnessing their happiness and seeing them together as a family makes me more emotional than I expected to be.  They are complete naturals, just totally obsessed and in love with the little guy, and Greg and I couldn't be happier!

After much anticipation, Raleigh Walter was born on January 21st.  I got to meet him the day after he was born.  I'm pretty sure that he already is into me.  My only hope is that we can be even half as supportive, loving and fun as Rachel and Peter have been to Ben - because little buddy, we'll be here for the long haul.

#Cougle4Life ;)



2 comments:

  1. How am I just now seeing this and what have I been doing with my online time during all Rawls' feedings? Thank you for your kind / sweet words -- definitely got me a bit teary-eyed.

    ReplyDelete