Friday, January 10, 2014

Meal planning: Week of January 13th

Review from last week:

Super delicious flank steak (instead of the skirt steak tacos I had been planning on) marinated by Greg.  He marinated it in coriander, cumin, chili powder, lime juice and chicken rub.  So tasty that I'm going to make him do it again this week.


Chicken Tetrazzini (which I thought Ben would love, but he refused to try) and roasted cauliflower and sage (which both my boys rejected).  


Pizza chicken, which we hadn't planned on, but is such a favorite of both mine and Greg's.


Boboli thin crust pizza w/ meatballs and mushrooms.


Herb grilled chicken (which I grilled on my panini press), brussels sprouts and asparagus.


In the spirit of keeping things low carb, due mostly in part that I can literally FEEL the holiday weight on myself, here is what we are planning for the week:

Saturday:  Gumbo - Greg used to make this all the time but it's been ages since we have had it.  I guess that is what happens when I completely take over the kitchen.  (Control freak.  #typical).

Sunday: Cheesecake Factory - Greg got a gift card from one of his customers.  Wish me luck going low carb at this establishment...

Monday: Pork Tenderloin - hoping to find a good recipe from one of my new cookbooks.

Tuesday: Left overs

Wednesday: Creamy Tomato Basil Soup w/ Grilled Cheese (for Ben) and salad for us.

Thursday: Flank Steak

Friday: We are having my friend Lisa and her Fiancé (!!!!!) Evan over for dinner, so it will be something vegetarian or in the seafood department.  Recipe TBD.

No comments:

Post a Comment