Thursday, January 23, 2014

Meal Planning: Week of January 27th

Review from last week:

The only new recipes I tried last week were the Pagliacci Chop Chop (which was fantastic and so easy and I'm definitely making a big batch for lunches this week): 



And the Mexican Corn (From The Can't Cookbook), which is really just corn on the cob (boiled), then rolled in a little butter, cayenne pepper and Parmesan.  I loved how sweet and spicy it was.


Plans for this week:

Friday:  Heading to the Polish Home Association down in Seattle for an authentic Polish meal!  Greg is beyond stoked.  We learned about this place from some friends and coming from a Polish family (Greg's grandparents were 100% Polish FROM Poland), we are really excited to try it!

Saturday: Spaghetti and Meatballs - For the past few weeks Greg has been making one dinner a week.  (He totally would make dinner more often I'm sure, but I've been enjoying it so much).  But it has been so nice having him make dinner on the weekends that I'm encouraging the trend to continue :)  He makes a mean meatball - half pork/half beef.

Sunday: Roast Beef with Spicy Parsley Tomato Sauce and arugula salad.

Monday: Breakfast for dinner!  I'm thinking omelets and breakfast sausage.

Tuesday:  Pizza and Salad - Delivering dinner to the new parents (Rachel and Peter) and definitely picking up some for us to have too :)

Wednesday: Orange Chicken and salad (and Brussels sprouts for me).

Thursday: Left Overs?

Friday:  Maybe we will go out to eat!  I have a few Groupons waiting to be used.

2 comments:

  1. You should try the meatball recipe by Ali Larter in her new cookbook, Kitchen Revelry. http://kitchenrevelry.com/ It's REALLY good! I paired mine with mashed cauliflower. Yum. Cheers! HL - Wander&Wine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That cookbook has been sitting on my Amazon Wish List since Christmas - I just may have to pull the trigger and purchase it. Thanks for the recommendation :)

      Delete