Thursday, January 16, 2014

Like Mother, Like Son

Ben is starting to want to do what we are doing more often.  It's been a struggle for me to just let him instead of trying to steer him away from non kid stuff and towards his toys.  I've noticed a totally positive mood improvement on his part when I just relax a little and let him get into things - like my make up drawer, for example, because he is just doing his job - being a curious toddler and exploring his world!  

This morning before getting started on some work, Ben helped me make coffee.  He saw I had just made a cup a few minutes earlier, so he pulled up a chair, grabbed a kcup from the drawer, put it in and pushed the button!  I ran from across the kitchen, grabbed a fresh mug and made it just in time :)  So helpful he is!




Shortly after, he helped me wash some dishes.  




And his face:


When he saw that I was painting my toe nails, he stopped playing with his trucks, ran over and pulled off his socks and said "purple"!  (First color identification - yessss).



No comments:

Post a Comment