Thursday, January 2, 2014

Meal Planning: Week of January 6th

Review from last week:

Oh, how I love my new cookbooks!  So many delicious and easy recipes, and only one "dud" so far ;)

I don't have links to recipes from any of these, so I really do encourage you all go buy The Can't Cook Book.

I was surprised how much Greg and I liked the Garlic and Rosemary Cannelloni beans.  It was nice to have a meatless meal for once.  Maybe I'll try doing a vegetarian meal once a week on purpose?


Grilled chicken marinated in olive oil, flat leaf parsley, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper.  So easy, but full of flavor.


We had this for breakfast last weekend, fried egg over broiled tomatoes w/ herbs.


This was the "dud", but only because we have come to the conclusion that ground turkey is too boring and bland.  This was from the Deceptively Delicious Cook Book, and had hidden red pepper puree, carrot puree and flax seed. Amazing in theory, but next time we might try with a different meat :)  Ben did enjoy dipping chips into it though, so not all was lost.


Chicken drumsticks and brussels.


And our NYE meal.  Oh my.  Lamb shanks with creamy, mint Cabernet sauce.  It was the perfect way to wrap up a year of great food.


During the "break", my meal planning shifted and was starting mid-week - so here is what I'm planning through next Friday:

Thursday:  Take out PHO.  STILL have not had it, still craving it like crazy.

Friday: Skirt Steak Tacos (from The Can't Cook Book)


Sunday: Sauteed cod and asparagus


Tuesday:  Grilled chicken and Cacio e Pepe (pasta with butter and cheese, also from The Can't Cook Book)

Wednesday:  Boboli pizza


Friday:  Leftovers!



No comments:

Post a Comment