Thursday, February 27, 2014

Meal Planning: Week of March 3rd

Review from last week:

Dinner at Dan and Jeannette's house was delicious, as always.  They have a deep fryer (something I want, but am not sure I can condone owning myself...sounds dangerous - both safety and health-wise), and made amazing halibut tacos with coleslaw.  Yum. 



Chicken Saltimbocca - one of our favorites.  The zoodles tasted great in the sauce, too:



This salmon baked (with lemon and thyme) was delicious.  Greg isn't a huge salmon fan, but I am, and this one tasted creamy and rich.  We had it with asparagus (which I still cannot believe Greg eats now) and the Hollandaise sauce from this recipe.  (It made me want to make Eggs Benedict, ASAP).




Plan for next week:

Friday: Jambalaya!  I'm hoping Greg is up for making this again.

Saturday: Leftovers.  We are having some friends over for brunch, and I teach yoga in the afternoon, so no cooking Saturday night.

Sunday: I have been craving the layered beef chili ever since I made it a few weeks ago, so I'm ready to make it again.

Monday: Leftover chili

Tuesday: Dinner at Becca and Jess's house - no cooking!

Wednesday: Butter-Basted Halibut with Capers and asparagus

Thursday: Pagliacci's Chop Chop Salad and Naan Pizzas.

** side note - I need more words to describe food.  I've maxed out my lifetime use of "delicious", "amazing", and the ever popular "nom".


1 comment:

  1. I have a new recipe for you to try. http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/CHICKEN-MARBELLA-SILVER-PALATE-COOKBOOK-1277030

    Colleen made this for us this week and it was so good and I thought you guys would love it.

    ReplyDelete