Monday, February 10, 2014

Weekend Recap

Our original plan of heading down to OR for the weekend was cancelled due to "Winter Storm Orion".  Our hope is to reschedule and get down there in the next couple months, ideally with a little warmer weather.

So we found ourselves with an entirely free weekend with zero plans!  Seemingly such a rarity, although I will admit, we have been pretty good about not over-scheduling ourselves these days. 



I will post more about our meals in my next meal planning blog, but on Friday night I made a big batch of the best chili I've ever had.  We also took a trip to Total Wine & More and I got my haircut.  

On Saturday, we drove down to the Aquarium.  This was Ben's first trip there since he was about 6 months old.  Sadly, he still couldn't care less about the place.  He kept us on the move walking through each exhibit without paying much attention to any fish, otter or jellyfish.  


We took a quick walk down the pier and found some construction trucks doing work.  This was probably the highlight for Ben.





That evening, we had an impromptu dinner (the best kind) with Rachel, Peter and Raleigh.  I was SO happy to finally get some quality snuggling time in with the little guy.  We got to enjoy a few hours all together before the snow started coming down and they decided to get home before it got worse.


No comments:

Post a Comment