Friday, June 13, 2014

Meal Planning: Week of June 16th


Review from last week:

The lemon-parsley thighs meal was great - particularly the salad.  I don't know that I had ever consumed zucchini and yellow squash raw before, but sliced thin and tossed in olive oil, feta and mint - unbelievably good (and easy - which is even better).



Ben opted to have a granola bar instead:



When Hilary was in town, we ordered a Kale Caesar salad when we went out to dinner - apparently she had had one recently and it was a new favorite.  It was so good that I wanted to recreate my own.  The dressing was a bust so I ended up improvising and googling other caesar dressing recipes and it all ended up pretty tasty!



Cedar plank grilled salmon - yum.  And also, try a little rosemary on your roasted potatoes or carrots and a little white truffle oil on your arugula salad and you will feel a professional chef.



Finally, this chicken wedge salad was amazing and so easy.  I don't think I had ever made blue cheese dressing from scratch before but I certainly will be doing it again.  




Plan for next week:

I wasn't feeling the Blue Apron menu this week, so we skipped it again.  

Friday: Camarones a la Mexicana.  Yes. Please.  With a huge side of guacamole and a margarita.

Saturday:  Grilled flank and the zucchini/squash salad I had last week as a side dish. 

Sunday:  Father's Day!  Since Greg LOVES to grill so much, he wants to make cheeseburgers for his own special meal.  Who am I to stop him?  I'm hoping he throws some scallops on the grill for an appetizer, too :)

Monday: Summer Vegetable Chopped Salad.  I'm going to make a large batch of this for dinner with plans to eat leftovers of it for lunch the following few days.

Tuesday: Tomato basil soup and grilled cheese sandwiches.

Wednesday: Baked Pasta with Spinach and Sausage (halving this recipe).

Thursday:  Chicken with mashed sweet potatoes and snap pea salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment