Thursday, June 5, 2014

Meal planning: Week of June 10th

Review from last week:

Dinner on Sunday - Halibut Veracruzana.  Definitely one of our top dishes these days.



I made the summer rolls and had them for lunch on Monday since Greg didn't seem very interested in them.  I was quite happy to have them to myself!  The best part is that Blue Apron sent more than enough of the rice paper, so I'm going to try to make this one again and add shrimp to it in the future (even though I thought they were pretty perfect as is).


The maple and ginger glazed salmon rocked my world.


Hilary, Violet, Rachel and Cooper came over for dinner on Wednesday evening since it was Hil's last night in town, so I picked up pizza for an easy dinner.

Tonight we had pork medallions with rhubarb chutney & sauteed freekah.  I had zero idea what freekah was before making it tonight, but after a little web search, I learned that it is a "young green wheat that has been toasted and cracked".  It's a healthy whole grain that apparently has an incredibly high fiber content and is an excellent source or protein.  Holla.

The best part was that Greg and I both LOVED this dish.  I swear, I'm so proud of Greg's new-found adventurous eating skills.


Plan for next week:

Friday: Having Lemon-Parsley Chicken Thighs (Blue Apron) since we didn't make it last week.

Saturday: Chicken wedge salad with apple, walnuts and lemon blue cheese dressing.  OR spinach and cheese raviolis from Costco.  Depends how much we feel like cooking that day.

Sunday: We have plans to go to my friend Susan's for a little reunion/BBQ with some of the people we did teacher training with.  I'm excited to see everyone!  I'll be bringing a salad.

Monday: Kale Caesar Salad (with chicken).

Tuesday: My uncle is in town visiting, so he and my parents are coming over for dinner and bringing Brier Pizza take out with them :)

Wednesday: Staff dinner for me that evening, so Greg gets to wing it at home.

Thursday: Grilled flank, (we bought a ton of it at Cash & Carry recently - can you tell?) prosciutto and scallops with an arugula salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment