Friday, June 27, 2014

Meal Planning: Week of June 30th

Review from last week:

Not pictured, but we tried the Quesarito on Friday as planned and it was everything I wanted it to be.  Definitely my new favorite take out item.

Tomato soup was great on Monday.  Greg put some Costco meatballs in his, and he is on to something there.  #NextLevel

I opted for the vegetarian + fish plan this week for Blue Apron.  The risotto was alright - not a favorite, but I've learned I really like pea shoots.


The salmon over couscous was really delicious.  The fava beans and olives really complimented one another.  


On Thursday, Greg sauteed up some halibut (marinated in tequila and lime) and had his with chipolte cream sauce (nonfat greek yogurt + mayo + chipolte peppers in adobo sauce) while I had mine plain with this amazing salad.  I have left over goat cheese cream sauce that I just might pour over every meal I eat today.  Including my cereal.


Tonight I'll either clear up the leftovers in my fridge or make the last Blue Apron meal from last week (the ramen).  I'm thinking I could wait and have it for lunch this weekend - hoping all of the ingredients keep well!

Plan for next week:

Saturday: Greg and I are going to see John Legend at Chateau Ste. Michelle on Saturday night (so. excited.) and are planning to either have a picnic dinner at the show, or go out for dinner beforehand.  

Sunday: I saw this recipe for Chicken Ropa Vieja posted last week and knew that it would be something Greg would love. 

Monday: Leftovers of the chicken - "burrito bowl" style - over cabbage with maybe some black beans, cheese and rice added in.

Tuesday: Blue Apron Meal: Grilled Steak Tacos with roasted salsa verde and black quinoa "pilaf"

Wednesday: Blue Apron Meal: Buttermilk fried chicken sliders with homemade pickles and coleslaw 

Thursday: Blue Apron Meal: Crispy sweet corn & pea fritters with remoulade and pea shoot salad

No comments:

Post a Comment