Thursday, June 19, 2014

Meal Planning: Week of June 23rd

Review from last week:

Last week was quite delicious, and fairly healthy, I must say!

The cedar plank salmon was amazing - so glad we finally picked up the planks to make this.  I paired it with roasting carrots and some baby potatoes I found in my fridge that needed to be cooked up quickly.  Rosemary on potatoes and carrots so great, BTW.  I'm officially CONVINCED I MUST make an herb garden soon.  Need to research that....


Camarones a la Mexicana.  Oh my.  So good and spicy and perfect.  

Saturday was cold and rainy and the perfect day to make our favorite tomato basil soup.  I also made a batch of the summer chopped vegetable salad that will be a new obsession of mine this season.  Yum.  If you invite me to a BBQ, please expect me to arrive with this.


Father's Day dinner grilled by Greg!  Side note - ever since Ben stopped drinking milk every morning and evening (he really only drinks it at night now), his appetite and willingness to try new foods has increased!  I love it.  (Don't get me wrong, he is still picky, but things are improving I think).


This baked pasta with sausage and spinach was a big hit with all of us.  Greg was a little hesitant at the spinach (he must have forgotten that he likes vegetables now), but the flavor was great and this was dinner 3 nights in a row.  I'm glad I decided to make the full recipe :)


Since I had run out of chicken, I picked up a roasted chicken from the store to go with our mashed sweet potatoes and snap pea salad.  Is anyone else as confused as I am when it comes to sweet potatoes vs. yams?  


Plan for next week:

Friday: Taco Bell. I'm not kidding when I say that I've been thinking about trying a Quesarito all week.  Friday will be the night.

Saturday: I'll be out of town for Lisa's bachelorette weekend on Saturday evening.  We are staying at Alderbrook Resort and making our dinner as a group in one of the cottages we are renting.  Perfect, right?  I've been asked to be in charge of our dinner, so we will be having Blood Orange Salmon and I think the squash/mint/feta salad that I've made recently.  Greg and Ben will be attending a friends surprise (pizza) birthday party that evening.

Sunday: I'm planning on heading to Costco on Sunday when I get home, so I'm thinking we will just pick up something to throw on the grill.  Dinner TBD.

Monday: Crockpot tomato soup and grilled cheese.  We forgot how good this was - must have it again!



Thursday: Something easy like Costco ravioli or tuna helper :)

No comments:

Post a Comment