Monday, June 9, 2014

Our weekend in photos

I've found that doing a quick weekend recap is a great way to create space on my iPhone.  Post here and delete.  Perfect.

I came home from work on Friday to these gentlemen mowing the lawn.  As much as it pains me to admit it, I'm really NOT outdoorsy (at. all.) so it's wonderful that Greg is.  And for the most part, he enjoys having his little sidekick with him when he has things to take care of in the yard.  In an effort to get outside with Ben more, I think I will try throwing down a blanket (in a nice, shady area) and bringing out my laptop to allow Ben to roam free while I WFH.


Saturday morning, Greg prepared for his run while stretching in the front room with Ben. Not pictured, when Ben fell over backwards.  It was hilarious.  Also not pictured, when Greg left for his run and Ben stood in the window crying "Dada runs and BEN RUNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS".  



There was a touch-a-truck event up on Monroe on Saturday that I had been really excited to take Ben to.  In typical Ben fashion, the more excited WE are to do something (Disneyland, Gymnastics, this event) usually correlates to him having an epic meltdown of some kind.  Greg and I joked on the way home (after a very short visit) that we should consider ourselves lucky that Ben is so "simple", and enjoys all of the free things in life: parks, family walks, throwing rocks into the water, and of course, digging.



Ben was not feeling the whole "waiting your turn" aspect of the truck event :(  Impatient like his mama.


On our last trip to the grocery store, I picked up a pad of plain white paper for him to write/color/paint on.  On Friday evening, I let him go nuts with the paint outside and after he was done, I thought they might be cute "abstract" paintings to frame :)  Kinda fun and definitely the right price.


On Saturday evening, Rachel and Raleigh came over to eat dinner with me.  Correction - Raleigh came over to NAP, as he did so for over an hour.  But before he did, Ben enjoyed running around him, snatching away every "baby" toy he could from Raleigh, and even got down to "crawl" up next to him.  I can't wait for them to be 2 and 4 and to watch them play together.




On Sunday morning, we went down to the Bothell Landing park so that I could go for another run.  I kind of hate how much better shape Greg is in than me.  It's pretty motivating living with someone that does hard physical labor Monday - Friday, and THEN feels the need to get a 5+ mile run in each weekend.  

So anyway, I ran 1.5 miles and considered it a major victory and then we followed Ben around the park for awhile.  


That cowlick, though.


After running some errands, we thought we would test out bringing a toddler to the Woodinville wineries to do a few tastings!  Surprisingly, this was very well received - AND he even was given a sucker which bought us extra time.




Finally, on Sunday evening we went over to my friend Susan's house for a BBQ!  Susan and I did teacher training together, along with Glen (pictured below) and several other people I still keep in touch with.  Susan (in the glasses) owns Bindi Yoga in Lynnwood, and Lydia (pictured below) recently opened up Leela Yoga studio in downtown Bothell.  

No comments:

Post a Comment