Sunday, February 15, 2015

Meal Planning: Week of February 16th

Review from last week:

We loved having Kristin and Craig over for dinner on Saturday!  They brought the most delicious (and paleo) side to go with our flank steak: Bacon Pecan Cabbage.  I can't even explain how good it was.  I'll make this again with our steak for sure.




I made the pulled pork for tacos again.  Had mine in a bowl and a delicious Gregarita.  (Trying to see if I can pull that off for him.  They really are legendary margaritas deserving of their own name in tribute).

We had some filets in the freezer we needed to cook, so we had steak salad.  



We did Blue Apron this week for the first time in awhile, and it was great!  Greg made the chicken, mashed potatoes and maple glazed carrots while I was at yoga :)


The bouillabaisse style fish stew was good, too!  This was my first time cooking this kind of soup.  I think I prefer a bisque or chowder over it.



The last Blue Apron dish was steak with miso-roasted kale, turnip and sweet potato salad with ponzu dipping sauce.  Greg and I agreed the dipping sauce was the best part.  Good over all.




Plan for next week:

Sunday: Ricotta Meatballs with Chianti Sauce

Monday: Callie and the girls are coming over for dinner and a play date, and we are making pizza.

Tuesday: Leftovers

Wednesday: Blue Apron Meal: Shrimp Po' Boy Sandwiches with butter lettuce & apple salad


Thursday: Blue Apron Meal: Orange Beef Lo Mein with Gai Lan & Napa Cabbage

Friday: Blue Apron Meal: Chicken & Sage Biscuit Pot Pie with cremini mushrooms & purple top turnip (minus the mushrooms, I'm sure, because Greg hates them).


Saturday: Greg is heading to Portland to hang with some friends so I will have delicious take out :)

Sunday: Crispy black bean tacos with feta and cabbage slaw
 

No comments:

Post a Comment