Sunday, February 15, 2015

Our Week in Photos

Ben joined me on my mat for some yoga. 
 
 
Ben went to school!  He and I are both still adjusting to our new schedule.  It's been especially difficult for me not knowing what he is up to all day.  When he was with Callie, I was able to get a full run down with multiple updates throughout the day.  I would know exactly how long he slept, how much and what he ate, etc.  Some schools do provide this type of information, but ours doesn't....yet.  I know I'll be that mom attending the parent meetings suggesting all kids of things that I want to see happen.  They will love me.
 
BUT, they did open a private Facebook group and they post a little summary of what their day was like with some pictures each night, so that has been nice.
 
Here is Ben with some friends on the new slides they put in last weekend:
 
 
And another of him painting what I assume was a Valentine's card for me, but I haven't seen it yet because Greg got off early and picked him up (per my request) :)
 
 
We went to Mukilteo Beach to dig, play throw rocks in water, and enjoy another weekend full of sunshine.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My goofballs.
 
 
Reading in their new reading spot that I love so much.
 
 
I got Ben an big "Things that Go" book for Valentine's Day.
 
 
Greg and I hit our 5th Ethan Stowell restaurant, Mkt., for dinner on V-Day!  Delicious as expected!
 
 
 
The menu was a set 4 course menu (with us selecting options from each course).  We also opted in on the wine pairings, but our waiter brought us only reds since that is what we usually prefer.  Everything was so good, too.  Here is what we had:
 
Amuse: Puff Pastry with cheese, pear and thyme.
 
First: Oysters with lime, sage, red chili and reposado ice; Sourdough blini with caviar and crème fraiche; Grilled green beans with fine herbs, Alaskan sea salt and lemon.  (WILL NEED TO MAKE THESE AT HOME THEY WERE FANTASTIC); Roasted Alaskan Spot Prawns with fennel aioli.
 

 
Second: Beef Tartare with quail egg, compressed cucumber and grilled baguette; (It looked like Maxwell's Friskies Meaty Bits, but tasted out of this world). Dungeness Crab Bisque with Pernod and fennel pollen.
 

 
Third: Grilled Wagyu Beef with creamy potato puree, smoked onions and fried onions; Roasted Lobster with semolina pasta, chervil and black truffle butter.
 

 
Dessert: Chocolate terrine with cocoa nib crumble and chocolate gelato; Buttermilk panna cotta with huckleberry and white chocolate pistachio brittle.
 

 
And then they sent us home with 2 bags of fresh pasta!  So fun.
 
 
Oh, and Ben got this adorable haircut.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment