Saturday, February 7, 2015

Meal Planning: Week of February 9th

Review from last week:

I returned to an old favorite recipe, crispy black bean tacos with feta and cabbage slaw.  Delicious.  Sometimes I watch Greg when I'm getting dinner together and see him silently judging the dinners that do not contain meat....but then I watch him inhale 3 meatless tacos and glance back at the kitchen to see if there is any more.  Satisfying. 



I found another winner on doitdelicious.com - salad greens with fresh mozzarella and crispy (baked) prosciutto.  I always love finding a recipe that contains ingredients that we ALWAYS have on hand.

Arugula - check
Prosciutto - check
Balsamic vinegar/glaze - check

We had this with our weekly batch of tomato soup.



I finally got around to pulling the chicken and potato Florentine soup out of the freezer and was pleased that it froze/thawed very nicely!

I went out to lunch with an old coworker and had the most amazing Brussels sprouts salad, so I'm posting it here + the ingredients so I can try to recreate it at home.

Grilled chicken, Brussels sprouts, candied pecan, Gorgonzola cheese, dried cranberries, pomegranate seeds, red onions tossed in a lemony mustard vinaigrette. 



Skinny chicken saltimbocca.  Greg loves this one.



Salad and the most amazing sausage we found at Costco.  ATTENTION MARCIA: You have to go to Costco and look for Kiolbassa Cheddar and Beef sausage.  




Plan for next week:

Sunday: Soup and salad with crispy prosciutto and fresh mozzarella

Monday: I'll be making Roasted Spaghetti Squash with Almonds, Cinnamon and Sage (knowing that nobody else will come near this dish).  I'll also make Pulled Pork Tacos with Pineapple and Jalapeno.

Tuesday: Leftover tacos! 

Wednesday: Blue Apron Meal: Pan-Roasted Chicken with Mashed Potatoes and Maple-Glazed Carrots

Thursday: Blue Apron Meal: Bouillabaisse-Style Fish Stew with Fennel, Potatoes and Castelvetrano Olives

Friday: Blue Apron Meal: Flank Steaks & Miso-Roasted Vegetable Salad with Ponzu Dipping Sauce

Saturday: Out for dinner!  Another Ethan Stowell restaurant :)  I made reservations weeks ago knowing that it would likely be booked solid on Valentine's Day.  I'm excited!  I bought stuff for my mom and Ben to make mini pizzas while we are away :)

No comments:

Post a Comment