Friday, April 11, 2014

Meal Planning: Week of April 14th

Review from last week:

Due to a late lunch/snacky afternoon on Saturday I never made the horseradish-crusted chicken breasts.  On Sunday we had an impromptu dinner at Rhea's, so the tomato soup we made we ended up having on Monday. 

We did make the Veracruzana dish with chicken instead of fish, and it was super good.  (Still better with fish, I think).
 

We also enjoyed another week of Blue Apron meals.  Seriously, I'm kind of obsessed.  It has made me really look forward to week-night cooking, which often can feel like a drag.  They have really brought their A-game and each week we are impressed with the new recipes and cooking methods we are getting to try!  And it is really fun to have 3 brand new meals each week.  I had noticed that I was rotating through several of the same recipes for awhile there.

Ginger-Soy glazed salmon.  The soba noodles were quite salty, so I think I must have added too much salt to the water I boiled them in.  But the glaze had a little kick to it (Sriracha!) and was great with the salmon.  



This Chicken, artichoke and spinach casserole has probably been one of our least favorite Blue Apron dishes.  Who knew?  I figured this would be a hit!  The flavors were just okay.  



The Swedish meatball dinner was another good one.  And Kale.  Another "superfood" (or whatever) that I almost never cook.  And it's so easy: slice kale into "slivers", heat oil and minced garlic over medium-high until fragrent, throw in kale and cook until wilted (2-3 minutes), remove from heat and toss in a little red wine vinegar and VOILA!





Friday:  Paleo nachos.  Yum.

Saturday:  We are attending Dan's 40th birthday bash on Saturday evening, and pizza (and I'm sure plenty of booze) will be served.

Sunday:  The weather is looking to be absolutely perfect on Sunday, so I'm certain Greg will want to grill.  I think we will make Pineapple Pork Kabobs and then grill up a bunch of chicken for Monday's dinner.

Monday:  Our other favorite dish from last summer, BLT Chopped Salad with Corn, Feta and Avocado (plus grilled chicken).

Tuesday:  Blue Apron Meal: Pan-Seared Hake with Eggplant Caponata & Fregola Sarda

Wednesday:  Blue Apron Meal: Orange-Glazed Chicken Drumsticks with Mashed Yucca and Arugula Salad.

Thursday: Blue Apron Meal: Lamb Kofte Kebabs with Sauteed Chickpeas and Cucumber Yogurt Sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment