Thursday, April 3, 2014

Meal Planning: Week of April 7th

Review from last week:

I made another batch of the layered chili and shared some with my parents, who also enjoyed it :)

The third of our Blue Apron meals from the previous week was surprisingly good.  I say this because I have never had mustard greens or black rice and have never liked grapefruit OR the flavor of fennel.  This meal called for all of these items, and they all went perfectly together with the pork tenderloin.  The mustard greens especially will be something I will purchase on my own in the future - now that I know we like them and know how to prepare them.


Tilapia Veracruzana (via Blue Apron).  God this was delicious.  This would be excellent with Halibut or Cod, which is great because we have a freezer full of both.


Roasted chicken with jalapeno salsa, mixed citrus and cracked wheat berries.  I LOVED this.  So many different flavors and textures going on at once.  Greg liked the chicken and the salsa, but not the "mush" as he referred to the wheat berries.  I might try this again with quinoa instead of cracked wheat berries.


I really liked this spaghetti and zucchini with the home made pesto.  I definitely think making your own pesto tastes a lot better than the store-bought kind (although, I didn't know that until now)!  There was a little bit of mint added in this recipe, which I really liked.


Plan for next week:

Friday: I'm hanging out with some friends on Friday night, so I think Greg has plans to pick up a pizza for himself and Ben to have :)


Sunday: I'm going to make the Veracruzana dish again from last week again, but this time with cod and regular rice (because that is what we have).






No comments:

Post a Comment