Friday, April 18, 2014

Meal Planning: Week of April 21st


I think my favorite part about cooking dinner each night is simply having the kitchen to myself for 30 minutes.  I often kick Greg and Ben out to go play outside or in his room, while I get in the zone.  I cannot believe that I am now a person who calls cooking "relaxing", but I am.

One of my favorite things about our new house (it still feels new almost 2 years later...!) is that the kitchen is connected to our great room, so I will usually put on some mindless TV show (currently Grey's Anatomy reruns or something on Bravo) while I cook.  

The other night while I was prepping our salad, Greg fixed us margaritas.  What a guy!  It's my version of the perfect evening - cooking and dining in, enjoying a cocktail, and unwinding from the day.  

Review from last week:

The Paleo Nachos were everything I wanted them to be, and more.  Ben loved them too so it was a double win.


Pineapple Pork Kabobs.  Our favorite go to for BBQ season.


BLT chop salad.  Best salad ever.



I loved this Blue Apron recipe for Lamb Kebabs over Chickpeas with a cucumber-yogurt dressing. Delicious.  




Another B.A. hit was the Pan-Seared Hake (tastes like Cod) over Fregola Sarda (a tiny, adorable little pasta) with Eggplant Caponata. I googled "Caponata" and learned it is a dish of Sicilian descent, and is a relish of chopped eggplant and other assorted vegetables seasoned with sweetened vinegar and capers.  Indeed, it was.  Another fun fact: Greg ate Eggplant.  I think I have officially evolved one of my boys into a vegetable eater.  Must work on the other one.



Here is what we have planned for next week: 

Friday: Due to a mid-week burrito craving last week, we will be having the Orange Glazed Chicken Drumsticks tonight.

Saturday: Chicken Paillard with Lemon, Capers and Olives



Sunday: Easter!  We are having Lisa & Evan, Shirley & Fred and my parents over for brunch!  I'm so excited to host, and Ben will be so excited to have more people around to watch him hunt for eggs!  Dinner will be Pizza Chicken - something quick and easy :)


Monday:  Paleo Nachos.

Tuesday: Blue Apron  Meal: Cod over Linguini with Fresh Peas, Meyer Lemon and Spring Herbs.

Wednesday: Blue Apron Meal: 5-Spice Pork Buns with Red Cabbage, Carrot and Thai Basil Salad.

Thursday: Blue Apron Meal: Chicken and Mixed Mushroom Forager with Toasted Parmesan Garlic Bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment