Monday, May 5, 2014

24 Hours of Freedom in Seattle



When trying to decide how to celebrate Greg turning the big 4-0, we found ourselves reminiscing about the days before Ben when we could leisurely stroll around the city, eating and drinking and not having a schedule we had to keep up with. Truth be told, I think I have completely forgotten how to relax.  Even when I'm at home, it feels impossible for me to sit down until things are clean, organized, put away and everything on my checklist is complete.

We came up with a plan: Ask my mom to come watch Ben and spend the night in Seattle.  That way, we would not have to worry about nap schedules, bed times, or getting up early with a kid who has for some reason been waking up between 5 and 6am lately.

This past Saturday, we left the house around noon and drove straight to the International District for Dim Sum at the House of Hong.  


Next, we went downtown and checked in at the Westin.  We had a room with a great view - score!  



After getting settled, we walked to Pacific Place (stopping briefly at Nordstrom on the way), and enjoyed some wine and a snack at 6th Ave Wine Seller.  If you are ever in the area, I highly recommend stopping at this place - great food and wine selection, and it seems to be a hidden gem.


Later in the evening, we went to our favorite Seattle stop - Barolo.  Best HH around.



And for our final, late night stop, we finished our evening at Serious Pie for pizza.

And after all of this eating and drinking, it was great to be able to sleep in!  After we woke up, I desperately wanted to get home to Ben - which confirmed that I am still not ready to be away from him for very long!

3 comments: