Thursday, May 29, 2014

Meal Planning: Week of June 2nd

Review from last week:

We had the Christensens over on Friday evening and Greg made a delicious flank steak.  Flank is becoming one of my favorites for sure.  I roasted carrots with rosemary and asparagus.




The next evening we had steak salad:


On Sunday we had roasted chicken and sauteed kale.  Greg liked the kale so much that he special requested it the next day.  And they say you can't change a man.


On Monday, Hilary and Violet came to visit!  We never ended up purchasing cedar planks, (we saw them on Amazon for much, much cheaper!) but we still grilled it and it was delicious.



On Tuesday, the new margarita glasses I had ordered from Mexico (that took FOREVER to arrive - customs, yo) came - so naturally, we had to give them a shot.  We also made a Costco run - so we had chips, dip and margaritas for dinner when we got home!


I worked late on Wednesday, so Greg made the first of our Blue Apron dinners: Orange Shrimp with sauteed scallions and bok choy over jasmine rice.  It was SO good.


I made the Ratatouille Filled Zucchini with tomato basil quinoa, and I loved this one so much.  I had never really made or enjoyed eggplant before Blue Apron, but this is my second time making it and loving it!


Plan for next week:

Friday:  With Hilary in town, I'm trying to soak up as much time with her as I can!  We are going to go out for dinner and drinks on Friday evening and leave the kiddos at home.  I'm going to make a batch of Greg's favorite Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken for he and Ben to have.

Saturday: We are going to make the last of our Blue Apron meals from the previous week tonight - Vietnamese Summer Rolls with Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce.

Sunday: Halibut Veracruzana with Rice.

Monday: Grilled flank steak and roasted baby potatoes.




No comments:

Post a Comment