Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day 2014/Weekend Recap

What a lovely weekend - it felt like I was celebrating all weekend long!

On Friday evening, I got to escape and go over to Rachel's to catch up over wine.  Raleigh was sleeping the ENTIRE TIME, which was kind of annoying as I had wanted to snuggle him, but it allowed us ample boozing time so I'll give him a pass.


On Saturday, we took a trip to a new park that Greg had stumbled upon and it was so fun!  Ben obviously had a blast.




Next, we stopped by Home Depot and purchased a black out shade for Ben's room.  He apparently liked it, because he napped that afternoon for 4 hours.  :) :) :)  Greg and I finally got to watch the last few episodes of Breaking Bad.  

Saturday evening Greg made a DELICIOUS dinner of grilled flank steak and crab cakes, while I contributed by roasting asparagus and making buerre blanc sauce.  I swear, it's hard not to feel health-conscious as you are whipping up 12 tablespoons of butter, but once you taste it - you stop caring.  Completely.


On Sunday Morning, Ben slept until 8 (THANK YOU, BLACK OUT SHADE) and then Greg made us breakfast.  


Next up, we piled in the car to walk around Greenlake.  I had warned Greg ahead of time that he had better try to find parking far away from the P-A-R-K, as I knew once Ben saw that he would not be at all interested in riding in the stroller during our walk....but apparently he forgot ;)  We spent the next 45 ish minutes watching Ben leaning WAY over, pointing towards the ground and shouting, "I want to WALK".  LOL.



When we came home, it was nap time - so I spent some forcing myself to sit down (and not clean) and catch up on some reading ;)


I am happy to say that I feel soooooo thankful and lucky and deliriously happy every day of the year that I get to be this guy's mama.  I truly never knew it could be this good to be a parent.  :)









1 comment:

  1. Happy belated Mother's Day! Glad you had a nice day! :) Where is cool, new park you discovered?

    ReplyDelete