Thursday, May 22, 2014

Meal Planning: Week of May 26th

Review from last week:

I absolutely loved the lentil soup.  If I could do it again, I would dice the carrots even smaller and make sure they were softer before adding the lentils.  They were a tad crunchy, but I didn't mind too much.



Greg grilled hot dogs, bacon, cheeseburgers and chicken to cover us for 2 nights of dinner. 



Triple protein burgers:



Korean Stir-Fried Beef Chapchae with Sweet Potato Vermicelli.  I really liked this one, aside from the fact that the noodles looked like worms:



This was a surprise favorite of mine - I had assumed this meal would be a little bland (snap peas and WTF are ramps?), but I loved it so much.  I also liked it because there were very few ingredients (at least compared to many of their other dishes).  I wonder if they have heard the complaint that their meals can take awhile to prepare and took it down a notch?



Another surprise winner was the salmon roll sandwiches.  I would have opted out of this meal if I had been able to, but I'm really glad I didn't!  



Plan for next week:

My goal with the weather starting to get nicer (and Greg's desire to GRILL ALL THE FOOD), is to start exploring more of Blue Apron's non-meat options.  Lately they have been sounding SO good!  And that way, we can eat meat to our hearts content all the other days :)

Additionally, after buying our new table, we have earned a "reward" at Crate and Barrel.  Our plan is to purchase a grilling pizza stone and a cedar plank to spice up grilling season this year.

Friday:  We are having the Christensens over for dinner, and will be grilling flank steak and roasting asparagus and rosemary carrots.

Saturday: Damn Fine Chicken and sauteed kale.

Sunday: Grilled Panzanella and grilled steak

Monday: Grilled Cedar Plank Salmon and Roasted Baby Potatoes

Tuesday: Grilled pizza (with pre-made dough, brie, prosciutto, arugula - whatever we have in our fridge we need to use up).

Wednesday:  Blue Apron Meal: Pan-Fried Orange Shrimp with Sauteed Scallions & Bok Choy over Jasmine Rice.

Thursday:  Blue Apron Meal: Vietnamese Summer Rolls with Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce.  This reminds me so much of my friend Charisse's recipe for spring rolls that Greg and I both loved (but have never attempted to make ourselves).  I'm hoping these are just as good! 

Friday: Blue Apron Meal: Ratatouille-Filled Zucchini with Tomato and Basil Quiona.  

No comments:

Post a Comment