Friday, May 16, 2014

Meal Planning: Week of May 19th

Review from last week:

My Mother's Day surf and turf was great!  I'm loving flank steak more and more lately.  I'm so excited that grilling season is upon us!



Not pictured, but we had halibut chipolte on Sunday.  I URGE you to make a big batch of this sauce (recipe in last week's post).  I swear, it's so good and something easy to store in the freezer when you don't have a lot of time to cook.  Just thaw and saute fish or chicken in it and you are all set.

Lemon/Artichoke chicken.  I added prosciutto (because, duh) - such a simple and quick dinner to make.  

We dined outside (4 nights in a row)because the weather was gorgeous.  I'm really happy we moved our outdoor table to the deck and bought an umbrella!  It helps to keep my complexion nice and pale.



And once Ben was finished eating, he played in the dirt:



Upon reviewing the Blue Apron menu for last week, I opted out of 2 of the meat options and went with 1 fish dish and 2 vegetarian dishes.  (I didn't ask Greg to chime in on this one...)!  I have always wanted to learn how to make a delicious lentil soup, plus the pizza sounded SO good.

And it was - here is the pizza as I was preparing it:





And the final product:



I learned 2 things in making this pizza:

1) Pizza is better with meat.  (Although I really liked this combination, I think I prefer sweet potatoes in the form of PALEO NACHOS).

2) When in doubt, throw a salad on top of your pizza.  

And PS, I received an email a few hours before my delivery arrived on Tuesday from Blue Apron telling me that they had learned that the fontina cheese had not been included in my package.  They automatically issued me a $10 credit - $5 for the price of the cheese and another $5 for the inconvenience.  Just another display of great customer service on their part!

The blackened fish over cheddar grits was surprisingly good.  The fact that Greg loved grits was not a surprise.  I didn't realize how easy grits were to make.


Plan for next week:

Friday: We didn't make our last Blue Apron meal as planned on Thursday, so we are having Black Lentil Soup tonight.

Saturday: Greg is running an 8K on Sunday morning (!!!) so I thought we should take advantage and carb up on Saturday.  Where better than the Spaghetti Factory!

Sunday:   Triple Protein Burgers and corn on the cob

Monday: BLT Chopped Salad with Corn, Feta and Avocado with Grilled Chicken

Tuesday: Blue Apron Meal: Korean Stir-Fried Beef Chapchae with Sweet Potato Vermicelli

Wednesday: Blue Apron Meal: Salmon Roll Sandwiches with Baby Beet & Pea Shoot Salad

Thursday: Chicken Supremes with Sauteed Ramps, Sugar Snap Peas and Mashed Sweet Potatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment