Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas 2014


It was a truly wonderful Christmas this year.  My wish is for every Christmas to follow to be like this one :)  

On Christmas morning, we got up with Ben to see what Santa had brought him.  He was VERY excited, and happily played with a few un-wrapped toys while Greg and I woke up over coffee for a bit.




We opened a few gifts just the three of us and played before my parents arrived.


Then we set the table for breakfast:


My mom made her delicious Danish puff - so so good as usual!


Then we opened gifts again!  Ben helped open every present - includes ones for others :)


In the early afternoon, Lisa, Evan, Shirley and Fred joined us for drinks, presents and eventually, dinner!  It was awesome having a full house for the holiday!

Shirley and my mom:


The boys, drinking hot toddies and looking through Lisa and Evan's wedding album:


Me and Greg:


Lisa and Evan Skype-ing with Evan's family in Michigan (and Ben joined them):


"Put a plate on top of your head and draw a Santa Claus".  LOL.  A very abstract turn out:


Me and Lisa:


Dad, me, Lisa and Fred:


Evan and I doing dinner prep:


Lisa and Evan in their new camping chair!


Me, Greg, Lisa and Evan:


Dinner time!
We finished the evening playing our new game "Ticket to Ride" while Ben painted a masterpiece:



Followed immediately by a bath and getting snugly in his new bear bathrobe :)


What a great day!  I'm exhausted the day after - the Christmas Tree has already been taken down (we have had it up since the day after Thanksgiving!) and I'm slowly transforming the house back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment