Wednesday, December 17, 2014

"I want Mama"



We are DEEP into a Mama phase right now. Arguably, Ben's entire life has been a Mama phase - however lately, I'm absolutely the parent of choice (which is amazing and exhausting).  I know that soon, he will only be interested in Greg (as that is what I'm often told happens as boys get a little older) so I'm trying to enjoy being the only person Ben will accept at certain moments of the day. 

At nap time and bed time, as soon as I make the move to turn off the light, Ben will start saying "I want Mama".  And when I get up to leave his room, he will start begging "Mama, STAY.  Sleep with me!  Sleep in Ben's bed".  [Insert heart-breaking emoji here].

In the mornings, if Greg even attempts to go into Ben's room, he is often met with a meltdown - or Ben will lay on the ground burying his face until I come in.  On one particularly hilarious morning, instead of a meltdown, Ben walked up to Greg, gave him a hug, and then sweetly whispered in his ear "What's Mama doin?"  Ha!

When I'm home working on my computer, Ben will often insist on straddling me in my chair and driving trucks up and down my arms and over my head.  

When I'm cooking dinner, he enjoys clinging on my leg.

Last night, Ben decided to join us in bed, which involved him sleeping practically on top of me.  When I told him he had to lay down next to me and get some sleep, he protested "But I want MAMA", and proceeded to give me kisses all over my face and clung even tighter to me.  

I really do love being the object of my little guy's affection.  He truly is the sweetest :)  (Now, let Mama get some sleep).

No comments:

Post a Comment