Monday, December 1, 2014

Meal Planning: Week of December 1st

No review from last week, except to say that Thanksgiving dinner was delicious!  My mom and I handled the bird all by ourselves (minus the brine that Greg helped with the night before) and I am almost confident now that I could do it solo if I wanted to.  Such an adult.


It's been an interesting experiment NOT meal planning for the past couple weeks.  Very nice in the sense that we worked our way through some of the freezer items I had been neglecting, but also kind of strange having cereal for dinner a few times!  

I'm back to planning now.

Monday: Sauteed cod and roasted Brussels sprouts.


Wednesday: Blue Apron Meal: Shrimp & Mustard Green Laing with Jasmine Rice 


Friday: Leftovers!  I have learned to freeze individual portion sizes of meals to make for easy, reheating options (that we can all choose from)!  I currently have chicken & potato Florentine soup, butter chicken and Thanksgiving leftovers.

Saturday: Out to dinner!  Continuing our Ethan Stowell restaurant tour at How to Cook a Wolf.

Sunday: Soup Sunday!!  I'm currently on a Lentil Soup kick, but I'm going to flip through my cookbooks/magazines later this week to see if anything else grabs me.  I'll probably make lentil soup either way because it makes for the perfect lunch!


No comments:

Post a Comment