Sunday, December 21, 2014

Meal Planning: Week of Christmas

Review from last week:

Pizza chicken - always a hit.



Another of my top ten (easiest and most delicious) dinners we make: pan-seared chicken, mashed sweet potatoes and snap peas.  This night marked the beginning of our new rule for Ben: this is dinner and if you don't want it, you don't eat.  We have reached the point where we are tired of being able to count all of the foods Ben will eat on one hand.  My thought is if it's not an off the wall crazy meal I've prepared, (like something spicy or too "exotic" for a 3 year old), he will eat it.  Or he will skip it and be extra hungry for breakfast. :)  Gone are the days where I cave an hour later and settle for peanut butter on a graham cracker for dinner.  I'm pretty sure this process will require extra wine consumption.  I'm up for both challenges.




Salmon with cranberry-walnut stuffing.  



Instead of the other salmon dish, I made Lasagna stuffed spaghetti squash:


We also never made the cod tacos - but we will next week.

I'm looking forward to the next 2 weeks of not going into the office!  (One week off, one week working from home).  Hopefully this time at home will allow a lot of time to cook, and also a lot of time to work out and work off the holidays ;)

Plan for next week:

Monday: Warm Winter Sweet Potato Salad with Lentils & Cider Vinaigrette

Tuesday: Leftovers/freezer meal

Wednesday: We enjoyed ordering take out last Christmas Eve.  This year, we are thinking of having Pho :)

Thursday: Christmas!  We have a fun day planned with my parents coming over in the morning for brunch: My mom is bringing her (and Betty Crocker's) traditional Danish Puff, and I'll be making Eggs Benedict.  That afternoon Lisa, Evan, Fred and Shirley coming over for Christmas dinner!  We are doing it potluck style, and Greg and I will be making a Christmas Ham with Raspberry Mustard and biscuits.   (I salivated over the Pioneer Woman Christmas episode this year and declared I would be MAKING IT ALL)!

Friday: Leftovers

Saturday: Crockpot Honey Sesame Chicken over Bulgur

Sunday: Lagered Turkey Chili

No comments:

Post a Comment