Friday, June 24, 2011

28 Week Appointment and Glucose Screening Test

I distinctly remember Maureen taking/posting this exact same picture last year (so I did too). 
I looked it up and it looks like we chose the same flavor :)

This morning I had my glucose screening test, a test to check for gestational diabetes (or to see if I am at risk for developing it).  I honestly have not been too concerned about it, and I guess I'm still not.  I drank my sugary drink, waited 1 hour, had my blood draw and I was on my way.  I'm told they will call me back soon if the results require me to go in for the 3 hour test.

This appointment was a little longer in general.  My doctor went over a few "early labor" signs to look out for in between appointments, which now will be every 2 weeks (instead of every 4 weeks like they have been).  She also went over signs of high blood pressure for me to be aware of.

I honestly cannot believe that I'm this close to the end.  I have appointments on my calendar all the way up to 36 weeks now.  STAY IN THERE BEN!  I'm not quite ready...

*UPDATE* I heard back from the doctor and I'm in the clear - no gestational diabetes!  Yay!  Apparently my iron is a little low though, so I need to start taking an iron supplement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment