Sunday, June 19, 2011

Project Knobs

I'm really excited about how this project turned out.  When I was putting my list together of things we needed for the nursery, I surprised myself by deciding that instead of buying a new dresser and changing table, that it would be okay for us to renovate the old (ugly) dresser that we had in the spare bedroom.

We (Greg) started by painting the dresser that used to be a ugly, medium wood color (no before pics, blog FAIL), to this dark, chocolate/espresso color. 

Next, we needed to do something about the knobs.  Previously, there had been long, brass handles on each drawer.  Rachel came up with the great idea of finding colorful knobs to put on each drawer.  So, the search began.  I was unable to find anything I liked at The Home Depot, so Rachel volunteered to help me make some :) 

Thus, the beginning of Project Knobs.

We picked out paint, purchased some round wooden knobs, and got started!



And the *almost final result:


* I need to borrow a drill to make the 3 holes on the top middle drawer big enough to screw the knobs in, but I will do that soon - and they will be blue :)

No comments:

Post a Comment