Friday, June 24, 2011

28 Weeks - 3rd Trimester!


How far along: 28 weeks
Weight gain: 19 pounds!  (Much happier with gaining 3 pounds in a month vs. the NINE I gained last month).

How big is baby: 2 and 1/4 pounds and 14.8 inches long.  That is kind of nuts to think about.  Babies are often born at 19, 20, 21 inches long....!  Woah.
Maternity clothes:  I love maternity jeans.  I'm holding myself back from buying another pair as I know I will not need them much longer, but man - they are comfortable.  It will be fun to have a larger selection of pants to choose from in a few months!
Stretch marks: No
Sleep: When my mind is not preoccupied with other things, sleep is still really good.  I'm surprised at how comfortable I still feel and how I have been able to adjust to sleeping on my side.  Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to be able to sleep on my stomach again, but I kind of thought it would prevent me from sleeping well throughout my whole pregnancy.
Best moment this week: Ben has been super active this week, so watching him roll around in my belly has been a highlight of the week for sure!  I also felt super proud of myself for how well I was able to keep up in my hot power yoga class on Tuesday night.  Joy, who is a particularly awesome/challenging/motivating instructor, was teaching.  I knew it would be tough, and it definitely was, but I felt great during and afterwards :)
Movement: Yes!  I can now feel him moving on both sides of my belly at the same time!  I also think I specifically felt his hand the other day, which was a change from not being able to tell what part of him was poking me.
Food Cravings: Ever since I had a (virgin) pineapple mojito last weekend, I'm craving that.  Luckily, I'm married to a man with stellar bartending skills - so he has been able to make them for me at home!  I also have been drawn to brie/salami/pretzel snacks.  And of course, fruit.
Labor Signs: No
Belly button in or out: Outtttt.

What I miss: Wine/beer
What I'm looking forward to: Over the next 5 days I am teaching yoga classes on 4 of them.  I decided to ramp up my teaching schedule this week.  Greg is also working a lot of nights this week, so I figured I would join him. (Don't worry - I'm not overdoing it).  So, I guess I'm looking forward to lots of yoga!  Also looking forward to the 4th of July 3 day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment