Friday, June 17, 2011

Tauts Post Pregnancy Wrap



I wanted to talk about my tauts wrap on this blog because I'm curious if any one out there who reads this has used one before!?

I have been a Brooke Burke fan for a few years now.  I find her to be pretty inspirational in the diet/fitness sense, and have enjoyed reading her blog to learn how she juggles being a mother of 4, a business woman and a partner.  One of her products that she sells and swears by is her Tauts Post-Pregnancy Wrap. 

One of the first things I ordered once I found out we were expecting was a Tauts Wrap.  I had read about it awhile ago and it had stuck with me as a cool thing to try after having a baby, especially considering how she looks after having 4 children!  According to the website:

It is believed that a belly wrap reduces the size of the swollen uterus, reduces water retention in the belly, and helps you lose inches fast, all while supporting that unwanted baggy baby skin! Tauts should be worn as much as you can, 40 days immediately following delivery.

I asked my friend Hilary, who is a labor and deliver nurse, and she agreed that these post-pregnancy wraps are highly recommended by her and her man, who happens to be an OBGYN.  I had almost forgotten about my purchase until I found it in the drawer a few days ago, and now the time is fast approaching of when I will be able to put it to use.  I also purchased (as part of a package deal) an "exercise wrap" that you wear around your mid section to promote, for lack of a better term, extra belly-sweat. 

I promise, I'm not totally vain, but I do have great intentions and desire to get back in shape after this baby :)  If I'm not at home with little Ben, you can assume I will be working it at the hot yoga studio (or binging on wine somewhere).

Anyway, if you have any experience with this thing, leave me a comment.  And I will be sure to report back my experience with it later this year!

4 comments:

  1. Let me tell you first hand, I used one and LOVED it. I don't think I'd have another kid without one! I wore it day and night within hours of having Dylan and within a week and a half, two weeks, my stomach was almost completly unswollen again. I don't know how it would have gone if I didn't use one, but I will say that I'm pretty sure it helped significantly! I would highly recommend it, I'm glad you are going to use it too! I think it says to wear it for the first 40 days/nights?, I didn't have to use it that long. Let me know what you think of it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely looking forward to hearing your review! I have to say, I think both of you are the types of girls who can get your pre-pregnancy figures back without the help of something like this! But, I also don't see any problem with wanting to speed up the process if that's what you're looking to do. :) I never used one, but can tell you the weight and swelling will also go away with lack of diet and excess baby-bouncing. :) Or just babysitting Maeve will also do the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erica - SO glad you used/liked it! I remember at Maureen's wedding, Greg said (more than once) how he could NOT believe you had just had a baby! #HotMom

    Maureen - I'm ALL about speeding up the process! I think more than anything, I am just curious about how this thing will work. And yes - I'm also looking forward to the buff "holding the baby all the time" arms like you have :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. my sister who just had twins uses it. She was huge and I don't know what it would look like without it but the babies are only 2 weeks old and she is only 15 lbs away from her pre-pregnancy weight

    ReplyDelete