Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas 2012!

Christmas has come and gone.  I packed up all of my decor, Greg lugged the Christmas tree down the driveway for the Boy Scouts to pick up this morning, and we took down our lights!  I have to say, we REALLY enjoyed the holiday season this year - but I'm ready for it to be over now :)  As much as I have enjoyed the constant stream of cookies, danishes, and chocolates (truffles, hot cocoa and candies galore!) I can literally FEEL the holidays on me right now ;)  So much so, that I started my cleanse early!

But our first Christmas in our home was wonderful!  On Christmas morning, my parents arrived during Ben's first nap - which was timed perfectly!  We enjoyed a relaxing brunch, set up the Christmas tree for "Christmas Morning" (i.e. unopened gifts ready to be played with) and when Ben woke up, we got started!

Ben definitely doesn't "get" Christmas yet (duh), and after looking at a few new toys, he was a little overwhelmed I think.  I continued to open his gifts for him, but I don't think it was until the next day that he really settled in and got to fully enjoy his stuff!  Also, since he received so many awesome things, I'm putting several of them away to pull out throughout the year!









After a MUCH needed afternoon nap, we went over to Debbie's house to have Christmas dinner with her, Hilary, John, Violet and Hilary's sister Rachel!  I totally failed to get any photos from the evening because Ben was in a SUPER AMAZING mood and kept us busy the entire time.  :)  It was a DELICIOUS dinner of Prime Rib, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, salad and apple crisp for dessert!  It was really special to get to open gifts with their family on Christmas and see them one last time before then headed back to San Diego.

I am already looking forward to next year (although, Ben probably has enough toys to last him for the next couple years) :)

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment