Monday, December 24, 2012

Pre-Christmas Blog

I don't want to forget anything from the last few days before the big day tomorrow, so I wanted to get caught up on my blogging tonight!

I cannot BELIEVE it's already Christmas Eve!  And what a difference a year makes!  While Ben obviously still does not understand the whole concept and excitement of Christmas, WE definitely are excited for him and look forward to watching him open his gifts tomorrow morning.

To start, I have loved all of the Christmas cards we have received from our friends and family!  I know how much effort it takes to get your shiz together enough to get cards out during the busy holiday season, and we have enjoyed each trip to the mailbox over the past few weeks!



Yesterday, (Christmas Eve Eve), the three of us went out to breakfast in Downtown Bothell.  It was a non rainy morning, so we took a short walk around before heading home.


 
Later that afternoon, I took Ben for another walk around the neighborhood.  I bundled him up in SEVERAL layers as it's pretty cold out right now:
 
 
Rachel came by this morning so that she and I could exchange gifts, and she brought (made) me the coolest gift!  A frame with silhouettes of our family :)  #LoveIt  (This picture of the picture is kind of lame - it was hard to not catch the reflection of lights in the kitchen)!
 
 
And of course, Ben loved her visiting us as well.
 

 
My cousin Melissa sent a gift for Ben that we let him open this evening - such fun toys and books!  He loved everything!
 
 

 
And finally, some Christmas traditions!  For many years, my mom would make soup for Christmas Eve - I remember clam chowder in particular.  I decided to change up the plans to go out this evening and opted to make some soup for us for dinner!  I made the chicken chili that my mother in law made for us while she was out - it's definitely one of my favorite soups.  Here is the recipe, in case anyone wants to try it!
 
Marcia Ingle's Chicken Chili
 
1 lb Chicken Breast (cut up)
2 tsp olive oil
Salt and Pepper

(Brown the above ingredients in a pot)
 
Pour 2 cups of chicken broth on top of the chicken.
 
Add:
 
2 Tbl chopped onion
1 can green chilies
4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp oregano
1 can diced tomatoes
3 cans northern white beans (drained but not rinsed)
 
Simmer 1/2 hour
 
Top with shredded cheese and sour cream.
 
We also each opened up a gift.  I opened up a new bathrobe/wrap that Greg got for me.  He was super smart and asked someone at Nordstroms to help him pick it out, and I LOVE IT.  I plan to live in it throughout all of the winter months :)  Greg and Ben opened up a gift from me, The Muppet Christmas Carol on BluRay!  We all watched it together in our coordinated Christmas plaid jammies!
 
 
 
I hope everyone has a VERY Merry Christmas and enjoys some traditions with your family!

1 comment:

  1. So many cute pics. I love Rachel's gift to you...best BFF ever. Merry Christmas, you guys! <3

    ReplyDelete