Monday, December 17, 2012

Enjoying the time we have



I have been finding myself stuck thinking about the Sandy Hook tragedy a lot more than I would like to.  Every time I hear or read a new detail, I end up wishing that I hadn't.  (I need to stay away from CNN for awhile...)  It is the most unimaginable thing a person, a parent, a child, could ever experience.

On Friday afternoon in the midst of this tragic new story unfolding, I text Greg telling him that we would be spending the day on Saturday doing an "All About Ben" day.  ALL I wanted to do was enjoy a day off with him, do something new and fun, and make sure he knew how much his mom and dad love him!

We started the day off with french toast and Super Why :)  We played at home, put Ben down for his morning nap, and then when he woke up we headed out for lunch at Red Robin!  Ben is very into "dipping" things, so this was the perfect opportunity for him to dip his wrap, french fries, (sleeves, hands) into ranch dressing.

After lunch, we went to spend a few hours at The Children's Museum.  OMG.  Both Greg and I had heard that this place was a fun place to take your kid, but we were NOT expecting to have such a fantastic time. 

At one point, Greg looked over at me and said,

"I don't think I have EVER seen Ben this happy". 

And it was true!  Ben was running from one thing to the next, exploring buttons and levers and stairs and bridges and water and lights and music and (fake) animals and trains and tractors and ON AND ON.  I wasn't expecting it to be as fun for Ben at his age, but it absolutely was.  And it will become fun in different ways when he can pretend and climb on bigger things, too! 

Here are some of the pictures and videos from the day.  We seriously cannot wait to go back, and luckily, due to an early Christmas gift from my parents, we will be able to enjoy unlimited access for the next year :)  We are thrilled!

Playing on the fire truck:



 
 

Standing directly in front of the light on the bus.  There was a kid inside the bus flashing the lights on and off and Ben was just mesmerized (or blinded).
 
 
Playing with the funny mirrors:

 
In the music/light room:

 
"This is the lamest phone I've ever seen":

 

 
Playing on the stage (more like walking in and out of the curtains and cracking up):

 
OMGbuttonsandlevers:



 
Playing in the water...:

 
 
...in his water dress smock:

 

 

1 comment:

  1. So fun! I still need to take Maeve...maybe this weekend!

    ReplyDelete