Friday, December 7, 2012

Meal Planning - Week of December 10th

I kind of can't believe that I've kept this up as long as I have.  And honestly, I have cooked a good 95% of the meals I've intended to cook since I started this, so, pat on my back. 

However, last week was a bit of a bust.  The pesto and pea pasta that I had made a couple months ago (that Ben loved at the time) literally made him throw up this time.  I don't know if it was a rogue spaghetti noodle swallowed wrong, but after one bite it was obvious that he was over it.  And in need of a bath. 

I also did not check out properly when ordering my produce box, so all of the vegetables I thought were arriving on Wednesday never showed up, which made me have to alter my menu a bit for the remainder of the week. 

Throw in my teaching yoga two nights this week, and Greg spending one evening out with a friend, the motivation to cook just wasn't there most nights.

The week wasn't a TOTAL bust though, as the crispy black bean tacos I made were AMAZING.  Both Ben and Greg loved them - we will be repeating this one for sure.  (We used cheddar, not feta and I added in some of my my homemade guacamole).



As for this week, here is my plan:

Monday: Greg is going to make Chicken Parmesan for himself and Ben on Monday night, because I will be at a wine tasting and work dinner at The Barking Frog for our staff holiday celebration.  Dang it ;)

Tuesday: I have an all day staff meeting and Greg has a long day at work, so the plan will be to have my mom throw a Costco lasagna in the oven for us (she will be watching Ben that day) and I'll throw together an arugula salad to go with it when I get home.

Wednesday: Cod and Lemon Orzo Pasta with Asparagus and Tomatoes.

Thursday: BBQ chicken quinoa salad - This recipe calls for BBQ chicken, which I'll make in the crock pot during the day and then toss into the salad that night.

Friday: Cobb Salad Pizza - one of my favorite dishes that my friend Brenna has made for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment