Wednesday, December 18, 2013

"I want DIS"



Lord, help me - I know there are a few habits we still need to break.  Bottles (when drinking his milk) and binkies - I just can't quit you.  

You see, a binky can make a wild and crazy Ben go from 60 to 0 in a few seconds.  He settles down immediately, and I'm convinced sleeps longer when he has one.  He also will become SO SNUGLY with me, and as his mama, I'm so terrified that the end of the binky will mean the end of my snuggle bug.  Can't. Let. Go.

But the point of this post was to describe the funny new thing Ben is doing at bed time.  We have always brought him into our bed for a few minutes before putting him in his crib.  It gives him the opportunity to settle down a little bit, and it's so much nicer putting him down in his crib when he is a little sleepy and happy to say good night to us.

With Ben's expanding vocabulary and ability to tell us what he wants, it's always so fun (and funny) when he point blank expresses his desires.

So we will be laying, both of our heads on my pillow, and I will start to say, "Ben, can you say good night to daddy"?  And he will simply say, "no".  So I will say, "Let's go get you cozy in your crib"....

...and his response is now to reach above his head, point to the pillow he is already laying on and say, "I want dis".  (It seriously cracks us up). He will do that in response to everything I say for the next minute or two, until I finally just pick him up and start walking to his room.

He will say good night ("Bye!!!" ) and wave to the following on our way to his crib:

Greg
The Christmas Tree
The bathtub
His puzzles
His stuffed animals
(Then we will pause and look for the moon on the ceiling from his Twilight Turtle)
His rocket tent
And then finally, he will say goodnight to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment